Thursday, July 28, 2016

Bom Dia!

It is now the 3rd full day of Swamp in Brazil, and I have learned more Portuguese and gotten better at my sign language quicker than any Duolingo or Rosetta Stone could have taught me! It is amazing to see how the camp here has the same heart of camp as the Swamp back home, but the people have made it their own with their beautiful, animated culture. I have had the best time getting to know my brothers and sisters here, and I am continually in awe of God's love and how it goes above and beyond any skin color, language, etc. His love is blind, and I see that so clearly here each day through the Brazilians, who are all so diverse, yet love each other so much and love me despite the fact that I usually don't understand what they're saying. I only have two days left, but I'm going to continue soaking it up as much as I can and trying foods with names I don't know. Tchau for now! -Abby 

1 comment: