Friday, July 29, 2016

O final 😣

Year 3 of Camp Swamp in Brasil was a SUCCESS! But, with sad hearts, we have to pack our bags and head back home. There are no words I could say to possibly express how great of an impact this adventure has had on my heart. The fact that we only spent about 5 days at camp, and being able to see the impact that it had on both myself and so many of the other counsellors, campers, and staff there, goes to show how powerful our God is. And because the God we serve has no limits, we have officially completed year 3 of bringing the Swamp to Brazil!  The camp is now completely the Brazilians', and I have no doubt in my mind that it will only continue to grow and change more and more people's lives as time goes on.

I have had an amazing time here, to say the least. Watching my campers in Girls' 2 laugh at me for trying to speak to them in Portuguese, learning how to properly Samba, and trying foods I don't know the names of are just a few of the awesome memories that I'll take back home with me. We're going to spend tomorrow in Rio and then we'll be on our way home! I'll miss this beautiful place, but, as Jeff said, "we may not be here, but [the Brazilians] will be with us wherever we go."  -Abby

2 comments: